Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Memories...


This week's Illustration Friday word is 'Yesterday'. Yesterday for a lot of people - if not all of them - carries a lot of memories; happy ones, painful ones, etc...and so I've decided to go with that theme.

Firstly, I went on corbis to research some photos of seniors, as they would have the most memories and tend to reminisce more. After looking at a bunch, I drew two concept sketches for the two I most believed would fit my theme.

               sketch-1

sketch

After some thought, I decided to go with the second sketch. Photo-referencing from the original image by Arman Zhenikeyev, I digitally rendered the image, as well as gave it a black background and a couple of effects and filters.

42-33316726

face

Afterwards, I added the word 'memories' between the background and the image, repeating it in several colours, sizes and orientations.

final

And there we have the final piece! Hope you liked it; stay tuned for the next illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment